Friday, January 23, 2009

By the Numbers...

25: The number of students in my classroom at this point. Up from the original 13 since the 4th grade teacher quit, the other 3rd grade teacher took her place, and I inherited the entire 3rd grade.

3: The number of my students currently living in a homeless shelter. 

0: The number of F's I gave out this quarter, compared to several first quarter.

5: The number of compliments my class received for hallway behavior this week.

3: The number of teeth lost in my classroom this week.

2: The number of students who have parents currently in jail, that I know of. 

2:1:  The ratio of girls to boys in my classroom. Thank God.

4: The number of students who wrote their "I Want to Become..." essays about growing up to "be a teacher, like Ms. Thompson." :)

30: The number of sack lunches ordered for our upcoming field trip to a professional puppet show this Wednesday, which was "coincidentally" scheduled on my birthday.

7: The number of minutes I cried when my biggest problem student came to me and asked, "Ms. Thompson, I need help. How do you control your anger when you get mad?"

0: The number of Science and Social Studies lessons I'm allowed to teach until after March, because those subjects are not tested on the State assessment. Sad life.

1: The number of snow days given in the Kansas City school district so far this year (we're currently tied with Las Vegas. True story).

"1,ooo": The number of dollars my student C says her mom throws away every day at "the boat"

54: The number of days until Spring Break :)

No comments: